What is the Siegenthaler Center?
The Center opened in February 2005 and is an end-of-life four-bed residence adjoining our main building on Middle Settlement Road in New Hartford.
The Siegenthaler Center is named in memory of Dean and Jacqueline “Jackie” Siegenthaler.
Admissions to the Siegenthaler Center
The Siegenthaler Center accepts qualifying patients enrolled in the services of Hospice & Palliative Care who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness, have exhausted curative treatment, and have a prognosis of less than 6 months. Admission to the Center is based on availability of rooms and prioritized by patient need.
A place where patients can truly feel at home
Patients at our residence enjoy the same level of freedom and comfort they would experience in their own homes. Visits from family and friends are encouraged and welcomed.
Hospice services include:
- Medical and nursing care 24 hours a day
- Social work services
- Personal care
- Medical equipment, supplies and medications
- Spiritual support and counseling
- Volunteer services
When is the Siegenthaler Center appropriate?
- As an alternative for patients with an elderly or frail caregiver
- As an option for clients living alone with no primary caregiver
- For additional support in the final weeks of life or as symptoms become too complex to manage in the family home
How will room and board expenses be paid?
- Medicaid reimburses the Siegenthaler Center for a Hospice Residence stay at a daily rate.
- Patients and families will privately pay for services, and a sliding fee scale may be applied, if appropriate.
- Hospice & Palliative Care will review individual patient insurance coverage to determine if there’s a Hospice Residence benefit and, when necessary, will request any pre-authorizations for resident room and board services.
- Meals – Scheduled meals are included and prepared for patients. However, meals may also be prepared at each patient’s request, and family members are invited to bring special dishes from home.
- Amenities – Patients and families will enjoy:
- Spacious suites
- Beautifully landscaped surroundings
- A comfortable family room with gas fireplace
- Fresh baked goods for patients and guests to enjoy
- A fully equipped kitchen
- Personal Care – Our staff ensures the comfort of patients and makes sure they receive prompt, personal care. Patient laundry and cleaning services are also provided.
- Patient Suites – Each of the four suites includes:
- Private bathroom
- Table, chairs and sofa