We Honor Veterans Program
Hospice & Palliative Care is a proud partner of We Honor Veterans, a national project developed by the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
According to the program, one in four dying Americans is a veteran. These men and women often carry experiences from their military service that present unique challenges at the end of life.
The We Honor Veterans project gives our Hospice & Palliative Care staff the tools to best meet those unique challenges. Special skills include:
- Counseling for physical or psychological trauma
- Expert symptom management
- Knowledge of veteran benefits and VA organizations
- Experience with service recognition ceremonies
- Access to veteran-to-veteran volunteer programs
- Compassionate listening
- Grateful acknowledgements and recognition of service that will not be forgotten
Learn more about the partnership at http://www.wehonorveterans.org/